On Twitter, Facebook or Google+
Fully digital, with focus on key users and a strong team
Raiffeisen Switzerland receives WiT Award for benchmark change management! Contrary to what most people would expect, banking institutions often operate relatively seasoned IT applications. Better technology might be available, but the risks of transformation are not to be underestimated: regulatory frameworks, complex business processes and safety features protecting millions of transactions with a value totaling multiple billions every day.
Success due to highly qualified employees
Raiffeisen Group in Switzerland consists of 246 legally independent banks using three languages. At the time Raiffeisen decided to switch their core banking system, the training part of this initiative was handed over to Kathrin Berger-Suter. In the meantime, the cutover process has been started successfully with highly qualified and motivated employees, strong key users and a sustainable, digital learning solution.
Mrs. Berger-Suter was supported by a tts team which had already gained solid experience in the banking sector. The tts qualification experts from Zurich created extensive digital learning media in collaboration with Raiffeisen’s banking experts. Yolanda Amiet was in charge of the project. With tt performance suite (ttps), Raiffeisen selected the perfect technology to efficiently produce digital content – from user documentation and e-learning to step-by-step guides and distribute these assets to end users. Following intense penetration testing and deep analysis of the ttps security features Raiffeisen decided to use the cloud version of ttps.
“With tt performance suite Raiffeisen selected the perfect technology to efficiently produce digital content.”
Kathrin Berger-Suter, Senior Project Manager Raiffeisen
Following the technology decision, the project team developed their approach based on the 70/20/10 concept. It combined a number of carefully orchestrated methodologies:
- Intense qualification and ongoing involvement of about 1,800 key users
- E-learning content for upfront learning as well as ongoing user and onboarder support
- Performance support assets such as step-by-step guides relevant to specific working contexts are delivered through the tt guide component of tt performance suite. This feature recognizes the precise working context of any employee and delivers only content that is relevant for this specific context.
The approach paid off extremely well. While the objective of a defined competence level for the employees was 80%, the actual achievement rate was 98%. The documentations provided to the Financial Market Authority – and produced using tt performance suite – successfully passed all the tests, and the core banking transformation at Raiffeisen was awarded the WiT Award 2018.
“The approach paid off extremely well. While the objective of a defined competence level for the employees was 80%, the actual achievement rate was 98%.”
Yolanda Amiet, External Project Leader Neofin
Facts & Figures
- Third largest Swiss banking group with well over 11,000 employees
- 3.7 million customers and 1.9 million membershareholders
- About 10.000 end-users
- 1,800 key users and 143 trainers in action
- 2,500 documents created
- Over 15,000 e-learnings completed with over 16,000 passed tests