Learning Strategy & Design
What is the Learning Strategy & Design workshop all about?
The starting shot for state-of-the-art personnel development in the age of the digital revolution
Workshop participants take a customer- and learner-focused approach as they bring the strategic and operational alignment of employee development into line with the objectives and needs of all stakeholders. After that, they derive blended learning settings that can be put into practice. Various agile methods are utilized during the workshop. Besides helping you map out the added value of personnel development in your organization, the results also lead to highly practical and verifiable learning concepts.
Concept formulation and development
When it comes to planning, formulating and developing strategically realigned blended learning settings, we employ familiar design thinking methods in both phases of the workshop, such as LEGO Serious Play and various Business Model Canvas templates.
Analysis and planning
The first part focuses on analyzing and planning personnel development as well as on the needs of the target group, positioning within the organization, measurement parameters, costs and resources. This culminates in a strategic realignment of your organization’s training.
Putting the learner center stage
The second part, which focuses on design, looks specifically at the individual learners in the target group – their basic needs, how they learn, their day-to-day work and, most importantly, the things that motivate and frustrate them. This helps to deliver effective, flexible and customized learning concepts.
The Learning Strategy & Design workshop was worth its weight in gold for us, because it provided a new, outside viewpoint that gave us ideas and options for our ongoing strategic development. We particularly liked the agile approach and the fact we worked together as equal partners.
An overview of the aims
- The starting shot for strategic realignment
- Establishing the needs of the customer and learners (using personas, Equalizer, etc.)
- Coordinating organizational goals, customer requirements, learners’ needs
- Mapping how the customer’s requirements can be met with personnel development work
- Developing a shared understanding/vision of personnel development
- Defining a concrete learning setting that can be put into practice or formulating a broad-based concept for one
- Trying out and applying various agile methods
- Supporting the practical use of digital learning formats and methods
- Acceptance and effectiveness are enhanced by a focus on the customer/learner and adopting a step-by-step approach (testing in early stages)
- Lowering costs by enhancing the effectiveness of personnel development measures
Let’s work out together how we can support you. Tell us how we can help you overcome your challenges and harness opportunities.